Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ah, Good to Be Back

So, I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this November. (www.nanowrimo.org) I spent most days that month writing towards the 50,000 word novel that was the goal. I fell short in the end, topping out at ~ 38,000 words. I missed a few days and then got sick at the very end of the month which wiped me out. Still, for me, writing 38,000 words in 30 days is a mind blowing achievement. I learned how to write 1000 words at a shot without editing - all within 20 minutes. This gives me hope I can actually complete a novel some day.

I may decide to post what I wrote here, but probably not. It's trash, pure and simple. But with some editing it could actually be novel worthy (and if I ever finish it.) For the meantime, I intend to go back to hammering out shorts for awhile to give myself a break. I promise to post more this week.

- Todd

No comments: